Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 1/2 Cup onions - diced
- 4 Tbsp. scallions
- 2 tsp. Fresh ginger - finely minced or grated
- 2 tsp. Fresh garlic - finely minced
- ½ Cup celery - peeled, sliced thinly
- ½ Cup carrots - peeled, sliced thinly
- ¼ Cup bell peppers - diced
- ¼ Cup diced ham
- 2 Cups brown rice - cooked according to package directions, chilled
- 4 Tbsp. Japanese soy sauce - low sodium
- Heat a saute pan or wok on high heat.
- Add the oil and the onions, scallions, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook stirring for about 20 seconds. Add the celery, carrots, peppers and ham.
- Cook stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and heat through.
- Add more oil if necessary. Do not mash the rice.
- Finish by adding the soy sauce and serve. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.edu