This recipe makes about two quarts.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup small diced onion
- 1 cup small diced carrot
- 1 cup small diced celery
- 1 cup small diced raw chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken both
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 3 tablespoons of cold water to form a slurry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked soup sized pasta
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Heat the oil in a medium soup pot over medium-high heat and mix in the onions, carrot and celery. Cook for one minute.
- Add the chicken and turmeric, then cook for an additional two minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, then deglaze with white wine. Simmer until almost reduced.
- Pour in chicken stock and water, then continue cooking for another five minutes over medium-low heat.
- Thicken with corn starch slurry by slowly pouring in the mixture while stirring the soup.
- Season the soup with honey, salt and pepper. Incorporate the chives and pasta. Bring back to a simmer then serve.