- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 lb. green beans-cleaned, cut into 1” pieces
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves-peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 lb. macaroni-cooked, drained, kept hot
- To taste salt and black pepper
- As needed pasta cooking water and grated Parmesan cheese
Fill a medium size pot with water and bring up to a full boil on high heat. Add the baking soda and the green beans. Return to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender enough to puree. Add the garlic and basil leaves and cook for 30 seconds, just to wilt the leaves. Drain. Place the cooked beans, garlic and basil in a blender with the olive oil, butter and garlic. Puree until smooth adding a small amount of the pasta cooking water as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Immediately toss the sauce with the cooked macaroni. Divide onto serving plates, garnish with more cooked beans, fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy! Recipe serves four people.
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page here.