- ½ Cup cornmeal
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¾ cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 ½ cups diced native tomatoes
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift together the first 5 dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the next 4 liquid ingredients, whisk until smooth.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk until barely smooth. Stir in the corn kernels.
- Cook on a lightly greased griddle in ¼ cup amounts for about 3 minutes per side until done. Serve warm topped with fresh tomatoes. Enjoy!
For more ideas, visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page.