2 cups Cake Flour
4 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Salt
4 Egg Yolks
2 cups Buttermilk or Substitute any milk
4 tablespoon Butter-melted (half of a stick)
4 Egg Whites
½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 cups Native Blueberries
- Preheat griddle to 350ºf.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, buttermilk and melted butter, whisk until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just barely smooth.
- Whip the egg whites and cream of tartar to soft peaks, add the sugar and whip until medium stiff peaks. Fold into the batter until no streaks of egg whites remain.
- Pour into desired size pancakes on hot, greased griddle.
- Add blueberries to each individual pancake within the first 30 seconds of cooking.
- Flip over as the top side seems nearly dry and holes are forming.
- Gently flip over and do not press down with spatula.
- Cook until center is cooked through and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.