This recipe makes two to four servings.
- 2 medium-to-large heirloom tomatoes, cored and chopped into big chunks
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. good olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced hot fresh jalapeno – optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped tomato, sliced cucumber, chopped red onion and basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with sliced hot peppers.