- J4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 cup peppers, any color, diced 1-inch
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. leftover cooked turkey meat, shredded coarsely
- 1 lb. egg noodles or Italian pappardelle, cooked and hot
- Salt, black pepper and grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Heat a saucepan on medium-high heat.
Add the olive oil, onions, peppers and mushrooms. Cook over high-heat for about five minutes, stirring to soften and allow a light golden color on the edges of the vegetables.
Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, basil and oregano. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the red wine and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan.
Add the tomato sauce and turkey. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and simmer until the turkey is heated through or simmer gently for 30 minutes to make turkey very tender.
Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve over the cooked pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!