This recipe makes about eight truffle pops.
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Lemon- peel the outer yellow skin, bruise to make more aromatic
- 5 oz. White Chocolate-good quality, look for cocoa butter-chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. Butter-unsalted
- As Needed Rainbow Sprinkles to dredge pops in
- Place chopped chocolate in bowl. Bring cream, lemon peel, and butter, to a gentle simmer. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes to get the flavor out of the lemon. Strain and return the flavored cream back to the pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate, and stir to melt. Place mixture in shallow container or individual molds and refrigerate about an hour or until completely set and firm.
- Place the rainbow sprinkles in a shallow pie plate, etc. for rolling the truffles into. Using a melon baller, scoop even balls . (scoop can be preheated by dipping in hot water in between scoops.) If the chocolate was poured into small molds, simply un mold. Using your hands, roll each ball to compact and firm, then roll in the sprinkles to get an even layer. Repeat with all the remaining chocolate. Carefully place a lollipop stick into the center of each truffle, going no more than 2/3’s deep.
- Chill in freezer for a few minutes to get the stick to adhere better to the truffle. Serve and enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.