- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup small red onion, diced
- ½ cup mozzarella, cubed
- 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs, extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp, kosher salt
- ¼ tsp, sugar
- Fresh ground black pepper
Place the tomato halves, small diced red onion, mozzarella and basil in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
Toss with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, sugar and a couple of grinds of black pepper.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and sugar if needed.
Makes 1 quart.