- 1 Each French Bread Loaves 9 oz.-sliced into ½” sliced, 5 per person
- 1 Each Stick of Butter-melted
- ½ C. Sugar mixed with 2 tsp. of Ground Cinnamon
Lay sliced bread out on sheetpan. Brush both sides with melted butter. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mix. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 8 minutes until light golden and slightly crisp. Reserve.
For Apple Topping:
- 3 Each Apples-Golden Delicious, Cortland, Granny Smith- peeled, cored, small diced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
Heat sauté pan over high heat, and place apples in. Place butter over apples and allow to melt over. Let apples brown slightly. Add sugar and let brown. Finish with cinnamon and vanilla extract. Cool and reserve for topping crostinis.
For Mascarpone Cheese Topping:
- 1 C. Mascarpone Cheese-or substitute cream cheese-softened
- 2 Tbs. Honey or Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. Almond or Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Salt
In bowl, stir honey and almond extract into cheese. Do not overmix or cheese will get grainy.
Reserve to top crostinis.
As Seen On
To Assemble Crostinis:
Spread about a teaspoon of the cheese topping over the crostinis. Place about 2 teaspoons of the apple filling on top. Garnish tops with powdered sugar and garnish platter with fresh apple slices. Serves four.