- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onions-diced
- 1 Cup Garlic-peeled and rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1 Cup Bread-any type, crumbled
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth-or substitute water
- Salt and Black Pepper To Taste
Heat saucepan on medium heat. Add olive oil and onions. Cook stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes or until onions are very softened and sweet smelling. Add the garlic and thyme, cook for another 2-3 minutes but do not brown garlic. Add the bread crumbles and add enough of the broth to cover all the ingredients. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until everything is very tender.
Puree soup by using a hand mixer or blender. Return soup to pot and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with sliced sauteed garlic cloves, chives, croutons, and freshly ground black pepper.
As Seen On