Creamy Mushroom Soup “Shots”
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onions-diced
- ½ Lb. Mushrooms-washed, dried, sliced, chopped finely
- 2 tsp. Fresh Garlic-chopped finely
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme-minced
- 3 White Bread Slices-crusts removed, diced ½”
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock-low sodium
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese-freshly grated
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Heat heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Cook for about 3 minutes until soft and sweet smelling, but not browned.
Add the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender and water is evaporated. Add garlic and thyme, and cook for 30 seconds. Add white bread and chicken stock. Cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.. Stir occasionally.
As Seen On
Pureé soup in blender or by using a hand blender to desired consistency. Strain soup if desired. Return to pot and whisk in the Parmesan, heavy cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick for you, stir in a little chicken stock or water. If soup is too thin for you, simmer for a while to evaporate excess liquid. Serve in small shot glasses. . Garnish with sauteéd mushroom slices, thyme, and Parmesan. Serves About 20.