- 1 Onion-peeled, diced ¾”
- 2 White Turnip-peeled, diced ¾”
- 1 Cup Yellow Turnip-peeled,diced less than ½”
- 3 Parsnips-peeled, diced ¾”
- 4 Carrots-peeled, diced ¾”
- 8 Garlic Cloves-peeled
- 9 Shallots-peeled
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary-chopped
- 4 ½ Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- ¾ Cup Fontina Cheese-shredded or chopped if too soft to shred
- Salt and Black Pepper To Taste
Preheat oven to 400°f. In a bowl, combine the onions, turnips, parsnips, carrots, garlic cloves, shallots, olive oil and rosemary. Toss very well to coat everything with the olive oil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Lay vegetables out in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally. The vegetables should be tender with some golden color.
Meanwhile, prepare soft polenta by bringing the chicken broth to a boil in a heavy bottom, oven proof pan. Season the broth to taste with salt and pepper. While whisking, gradually drizzle in the cornmeal. Bring to a boil, cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and stir in the fontina cheese.
As Seen On
To serve, divide the polenta among four soup plates. Place a mound of the roasted vegetables over the polenta and garnish with some grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!