Asian BBQ Pork Cabbage Wraps
- 8 Cabbage Leaves-blanched in boiling salted water until tender, drained
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger-finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Scallions or Chives
- 1 tsp. Garlic-minced finely
- 1/3 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 Lb. Pork Roast-fully cooked, sliced thin
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots, Bean Sprouts or any mix of vegetables
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Rice or Bean Noodles
Heat a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil, ginger, scallions, and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, but do not brown. Add the bbq sauce, vinegar, and hoisin sauce, whisk until smooth. Add the sliced pork, stir to coat with the sauce and to heat through.
To assemble, lay the cabbage leaves leaves out. Divide the rice and shredded carrots among the leaves. Top with the hot bbq pork mixture and roll up.