- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus - washed, ends snipped and cut into 1–1.5 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- Juice of 2 lemons (about a quarter cup)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup orzo pasta cooked in boiling, salted water, drained and set aside
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the asparagus and chili pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned and set aside.
Then wisk together the lemon juice, mustard, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Taste Of Today
Toss in the cooked orzo pasta, feta cheese, and peas.
Add the cooked asparagus, chive and sun flower seeds. Mix well.
Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed.
The recipe makes 6-8 servings.