Cameron's al Ajillo
- 6 shrimp, tail on
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 cloves shaved garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté the shrimp in olive oil. Once the shrimp is cooked on one side, flip and add the butter, shaved garlic and roasted garlic.
- Once the butter starts to brown, add the chicken stock and reduce until the sauce thickens.
- Note: If the sauce starts to separate, add more chicken stock. Once the sauce is nice and thick, add the parsley. Check the flavor of the dish and serve.
To give the dish an extra "punch" of flavor and texture, try this recipe for Pickled Onions and Cilantro Salsa Verde:
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- Cook the sugar into the vinegar and wait until the liquid simmers.
- Once it is simmering, taste. If it's too tart, add more sugar and reduce heat.
- Once the liquid is cool, add the onion and let sit for one to two hours.
- This process is best done the night before.
Cilantro Salsa Verde:
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 anchovy, minced
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, make sure to stir the sauce around to get all the flavor from the bottom to the top.
- This goes great with steak, chicken or fish.