This recipe serves 8 or more
- 1 Pork Shoulder-patted dry with paper towels
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 4 Goya Sazon con Achiote Packages
- As Needed Garnishments suggested below.
1) Preheat oven to 325°f. Place the pork shoulder that has been patted dry very well with paper towels in a greased heavy bottom roasting pan.
2) Drizzle the vegetable oil all over the roast and evenly massage it to give it a thin coating on all sides.
3) Sprinkle 2 packets of Sazon on one side and evenly massage it to give it a thin coating.
4) Flip roast over and sprinkle the remaining 2 packets of Sazon on the other side and evenly massage it to give it a thin coating.
5) Place the roast skin side up in the roasting pan and roast for 3 + hours to get the skin crispy and the meat cooked through to a minimum temperature of 145°f.
6) Let roast rest for 20 minutes before slicing and carving.
7) Great served as the meat for tacos with all the fixings, or served with Caribbean style rice or root vegetables. Enjoy!