This recipe makes one 9-inch tart.
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar in the Raw or Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry-thawed
- 3 Apples-peeled, cored, sliced thinly
- As Needed Sugar in the Raw
- Preheat oven to 400ºf.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar in the raw and cinnamon, mix thoroughly, reserve.
- Lay the sheet of cold, thawed pastry on the counter. Using a sharp knife, cut out a 9-inch circle using an inverted pie pan.
- Place this circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dock the dough by pricking the inside surface of the cut out round with a fork many times. Do not dock the outer 1-inch of the dough.
- Sprinkle the docked part of the dough with the flour and sugar mixture evenly. (This mixture will help absorb some of the juices that will come out of the fruit. )
- Carefully arrange the sliced apples in circles, with each slightly overlapping the previous. Do at least 3 circles starting with the outer circles first.
- Sprinkle the apples with more sugar in the raw.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and the fruit is tender.
- Let cool 10 minutes or more, cut and serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.