This recipe serves four.
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 1 ¼ Cups Boiling Chicken or Vegetable Broth or Water, seasoned
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Sage-chopped finely
- 1 ½ Cups Pumpkin or other Winter Squash-cut ½ ” dice, steamed until tender
- 1 Cup Apples- ½ ” dice
- ½ Cup Red Onions-small diced
- 3 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 6 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Combine the couscous and boiling broth in a bowl, stir and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes to rehydrate. Uncover and fluff up and cool to room temperature.
- Combine the couscous with the sage, cooked pumpkin, apples and onions.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar and honey. Gradually drizzle in the canola oil while whisking.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. At service time, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page.