For the Pickled Rhubarb (Makes 24 Hors D’Oeuvres)
- 2 Cups fresh rhubarb - cut into 2” by 1/3” sticks
- 3/4 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- Place the rhubarb into a 1-pint canning jar. Bring the water and vinegar up to a boil. Add the sugar, stir to dissolve and return to a boil. Carefully ladle the boiled mixture into the jar with the rhubarb, let cool, top with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Reseve for crostinis.
For Crostini’s and Topping
- 1 French bread loaf - baguette style
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil or your favorite oil
- To taste salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Cup goat cheese
- 2 Cups arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice bread into about 1/4” thick slices, lay all 24 slices out on cookie sheet. Brush with the olive oil on both sides, season top side with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes until a light golden brown.
- To assemble, spread each bread slice with a small amount of the goat cheese.
Top with arugula leaves and finish with some of the pickled rhubarb. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com