This recipe makes three pint containers.
- 2 large eggplants, about 1½-2 pounds each
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Hot sauce to taste
- Take the two large eggplants and place them on a sheet pan. Roast in a pre-heated 400-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the flesh is very soft. Let cool.
- Then, in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, place the garlic and lemon juice. Turn it on and process until it turns into a paste.
- Next add the tahini.
- Now peel the skin off the eggplant and place the flesh into the processor. (You should have about 1 ¼ quarts of eggplant).
- Puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and hot sauce.