This recipe makes 10 eight-ounce jars.
- 2 jars, 32-ounces of fresh sauerkraut
- 2 cups, small diced red pepper
- 2 bunches of scallions, sliced thin
- 2 cups of red onion, minced
- ¼ to ½ cup siracha hot sauce
- 10 eight-ounce mason jars
- Drain the jars of sauerkraut and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with red pepper, scallions and red onion and mix well.
- Add the hot sauce to taste, starting with a quarter cup and adjusting with more if needed.
- Wash the jars and rinse well.
- Pack the firekraut in the jars and place the lids on well.
- Refrigerate until you need to give as gifts. Remember to tell the recipients to keep them refrigerated.