- 1 can of beans-drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of ham-diced
- 1 red pepper-diced
- 3 plum tomatoes-diced
- 1/2 English cucumber-diced
- 1 cup celery-diced
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls or diced mozzarella
- 3/4 cup favorite Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula-chopped and washed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine in a large mixing bowl the black beans, diced ham, diced red pepper, diced tomato, diced cucumber, diced celery, and mozzarella.
Pour in the dressing and mix well.
Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Place chopped romaine onto a platter and top with the ham salad.
Garnish with the grated Parmesan cheese.
The recipe makes 6-8 portions.