- 2 Tbsp. Irish butter
- 1/2 cup onions-very finely chopped
- 1 cup potatoes-peeled, diced 1/2”, don’t rinse or store in water
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Lb. cod fillet-cut into 3/4” pieces
- To taste salt and black pepper
Heat a sauce pan on medium heat. Add the butter and onions. Cook stirring until the onions become softened but not browned. Add the potatoes and water. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer slowly until the potatoes are just barely tender. Stir occasionally to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan. If the water level becomes too low, add a few tablespoons more as needed just to allow the potatoes to cook. When the potatoes are just barely tender, add the heavy cream and bring to a gentle boil. Stir in the fish and turn the heat to very low. Allow the fish to gently cook for a few minutes. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper. Recipe serves four people.
You can visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page here.