This recipe serves four.
- ½ Lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup jalapenos, chopped very finely – or less to taste
- 1 ½ cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded or chopped small
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- Cook the macaroni in 2 quarts of boiling salted water. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Bring the heavy cream to a full boil In the same pan the macaroni was cooked in.
- Add the cooked macaroni and continue to boil the cream. As the mixture starts to lightly thicken, start gradually adding the cheese, stirring. Continue until all the cheese has been added. Finish by adding the jalapenos and turkey, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into four small shallow ovenproof baking dishes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and melted butter, coating thoroughly. Gently place a mound of the crumbs over each macaroni and cheese dish.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the pasta is bubbly. Enjoy!