- 12 green tomato slices-sliced about 1/2” thick
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs-beaten with 1/4 Cup of water or milk to make egg wash
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes-crushed up into crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. chipotle pepper puree
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- As needed Kosher salt and canola vegetable spray
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
Lay out the tomato slices and lightly sprinkle both sides with Kosher salt. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Taste Of Today
Set up for breading tomato slices by placing flour on plate, have egg wash in bowl and the ground cornflakes in a shallow dish.
Dredge each tomato slice in the flour, shake off excess, dip each in egg wash, drip off excess, and lay each tomato in the corn flakes coating the sides well.
Lay the breaded tomato slices out on a baking rack set over a baking pan. Lightly spray each side with canola vegetable spray. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or until crispy and the tomato is cooked through.
To make sauce, whisk together the honey, chipotle pepper puree, honey and vinegar. Drizzle a small amount on each plate with the green tomatoes. Enjoy!
This recipe serves four people.
You can visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page here.