For Red Wine Sauce
- Place 3/4 cup of your favorite red wine and 3/4 cup of port wine in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil and reduce down until the mixture is only about 1/4 of the original amount remains and the mixture is slightly syrupy. Finish by adding 3 Tbsp. of butter and whisking in, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve warm.
For Salmon (Serves 4)
- 4 Salmon fillets - 5 oz., boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat saute pan over medium high heat. Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper. Add oil to pan and place salmon portions in pan, cook for about 2 minutes or until browned and slightly crusty. Flip over, and cook one minute. Transfer fish to a sheet pan and place in oven for about 6 minutes or until fish is just cooked, or until a thermometer reads 145°F. Serve salmon with your favorite sides and drizzle with the red wine sauce. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnedu.com