This recipe makes eight pieces.
- 8 Country Italian or Portuguese Bread Slices-sliced about ¼” thick
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves-peeled, sliced in half
- ½ Cup Finely Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. Finely Sliced Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Finely Sliced Carrot
- 1 Tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Lb. Roast Pork-thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Parmesan or Aged Provolone Cheese
- To Taste Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bread slices out on cookie sheet. Brush the first measure of olive oil on both sides, season top side with salt and pepper Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes until a light golden brown. To finish, rub each toasted sliced of bread with the garlic clove.
- Prepare the salad mixture by combining the lettuce, red onion, carrot, vinegar and second measure of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To each crostini with an equal amount of the salad mixture, then top with the thinly sliced roast pork and a grating of the Parmesan. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.