- 1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs-beaten with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 ½ Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- As Needed Vegetable Oil for Frying
- In large wide saute pan, place the 1 qt of water or enough to be about 2 inches in depth. Add the vinegar and salt. Bring to a very gentle simmer, about 180ºf. Crack each egg individually into a small dish and slowly lower each into the simmering water. Gently simmer for about 3 minutes, or until the white is firm, and the yolk is just barely set, or cook to your desired doneness. Gently remove each egg with a slotted spoon and shock in a bowl of ice water to firm up. When cool, remove from the ice water, remove any thin, rough edges of the poached egg and gently pat each egg dry.
- Dredge each cooled egg with flour, shaking off excess. Dip each in the beaten egg mixture, coating thoroughly, letting excess drip off. Gently dredge each egg in the bread crumbs, coating evenly, pressing very gently to adhere. Reserve for cooking.
- When ready to fry, heat a deep fryer to 350°f. Fry two eggs at a time for about 2 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are an even golden color. Great serve on vinaigrette dressed salad greens or over vegetables. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page.