- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves- peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 cups wild garlic mustard greens (can substitute arugula)
- 8 corn tortillas- 6” round
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- As needed extra virgin olive oil
- To taste salt and black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, cook 20 seconds and immediately add the greens. Cook stirring for about 30 seconds or until the leaves wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
Preheat a griddle on medium-high heat. Brush one side of each tortilla with a thin coating of the olive oil. Place the side of the tortilla that does not have the oil down on the griddle surface. Cook for about 1 minute, just to heat it up. Flip over and divide half of the mozzarella over four of the tortillas. Top with the reserved green mixture, spreading it out then top with the remaining cheese. Add a tortilla to the top, putting the oiled side facing up. After about 1-2 minutes on the griddle once the bottom layer of cheese starts to melt, flip over and cook the other side until the tortilla becomes slightly crisp and that layer of cheese melts. Serve immediately and enjoy! Serves 4 people.
Taste Of Today
Please visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page here.