- Warm Water 100 Grams or 1/2 Cup
- Warm Milk 170 Grams or 3/4 Cup
- SAF Instant Yeast 3 Grams or 1 tsp.
- Granulated Sugar 2 Grams or 1/2 tsp.
- Canola Oil 35 Grams or 1/4 Cup
- 1 Egg - Large Size
- Cup4Cup Wholesome Flour 100 Grams or 3/4 Cup
- Kosher Salt 1 Gram or 1/2 tsp.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the warm water, warm milk, SAF instant yeast, sugar, canola oil, and egg until smooth. In a separate bowl whisk together the Cup4Cuptm Wholesome Flour to combine. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until smooth. Cover the bowl and let batter sit in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it nearly doubles in size and becomes bubbly and frothy.(The batter can also be refrigerated overnight instead of fermenting in a warm place and can be finished the next morning.)
Preheat waffle irons. Cook the waffles in the greased, preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately with fresh fruit, maple syrup and enjoy!