- 1/4 cup olive oil-as needed to coat the potatoes and onions
- 2 cups potatoes-skin on, diced 1/2”
- 1 cup onions-diced 1/2”
- 4 garlic cloves-peeled
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth- add more as needed
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- To taste salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay diced potatoes and onions in a single layer separately on their own sheet pan. Add the garlic cloves to the pan with the onions. Lightly coat both with the olive oil and roast in oven stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until medium golden in color.
Place the roasted potatoes, onions and garlic in a soup pot. Add the broth. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are very tender. Puree to your desired consistency using a hand blender. Place soup back on medium heat and bring to a gentle boil. Add the kale leaves and Parmesan cheese. Simmer another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
If soup is too thick, add more broth or water until your desired thickness is achieved. Recipe serves four people. Enjoy.
You can visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page here.