This recipe serves four or more.
- 3 Cups cubed sweet potatoes- ¾-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ Cup canola oil
- 2 Tsp. chopped fresh herbs, rosemary, thyme, sage or mix
- ½ Cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- ½ Cup melted butter
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine the cubed squash and apples in a large bowl. Drizzle the with canola oil and sprinkle on the sugar and herbs. Toss well to evenly coat the sweet potatoes.
- Lay the mixture out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the squash is barely tender. Add the dried cranberries.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes and cranberries into a greased casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay an even mixture of bread crumbs over the roasted squash. Refrigerate until needed or place in the 400ºf oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are hot and the topping is evenly golden brown. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page here.