Chef Chris Prosperi shares his favorite recipe for shrimp salad.
- 1 pound of cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of regular or low fat sour cream
Get Connecticut local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Connecticut newsletters.
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
For optimal flavor, cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes and then enjoy.
This recipe makes about 6 cups of shrimp salad.