- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups wild greens or spinach -cooked in oil until wilted, chopped, cooled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions -cooked in oil until tender, cooled
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves -very finely chopped, mashed into a paste with salt
- To taste salt and black pepper
Combine the flour, salt, pepper and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk to disperse the baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the eggs into the dry ingredients, stirring until nearly smooth. Stir in the wild greens and onions. Reserve.
Prepare the sauce by whisking together the yogurt and garlic paste, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
Taste Of Today
Drop the fritter mixture by tablespoons into 350°F oil and fry until golden. Drain and serve with the sauce. Enjoy! Makes 24 or more fritters.
Please visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page here.