-
Police investigating shooting in Meriden that killed woman
Police are investigating after a woman was shot and killed during a fight in Meriden on Monday night.
-
Lights off at Meriden's Washington Park after vandalism: officials
The lights at Washington Park in Meriden are off because of what city officials called excessive littering and vandalism. “The City will be leaving the lights off at Washington Park this week due to an excessive amount of littering and even vandalism, including attempts to damage park infrastructure,” Chris Bourdon, director of Parks and Recreation for the City of Meriden,…
-
Woman shot and killed in Meriden
A woman was shot and killed during a fight in Meriden Monday night, according to police.
-
Woman shot and killed in Meriden
A woman was shot and killed during a fight in Meriden Monday night, according to police. Officers responded to the area of 161 State St. just after 10 p.m. for the report of shots fired. When they arrived, they found a woman who had been shot. She was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. According to police, the victim…
-
Trooper First Class Aaron Pelletier honored with a memorial run
Law enforcement from around the state gathered at the Connecticut State Police Training Academy on Friday, as several law enforcement officers prepared for a special event. “When I was seven years old, I raised money for bullet proof vests as well as medical trauma kits for K9s because it’s my dream when I’m older to become a K9 officer,”...
-
Teen makes one-mile run in honor of TFC Aaron Pelletier
Teenager Morgan Blann, of New Jersey, was joined by police officers from several departments on Friday as she came to the state police training facility in Meriden to run one mile to honor fallen State Trooper First Class Aaron Pelletier.
-
Missing Meriden man found safe
A man with intellectual disabilities who was reported missing from Meriden has been found safe. He had been missing since Thursday. A spokesperson for the city said the 29-year-old man was found safe on Friday.
-
I-91 South reopens after crash in Meriden
A serious motorcycle crash closed Interstate 91 South in Meriden. The crash happened between Exits 18 and 17, according to CT DOT. There is no immediate word on injuries. The highway has since reopened.
-
Families enjoy Fourth of July fireworks at Meriden's Hubbard Park
Some families got a head start on the Fourth of July festivities, with many of them coming out for the fireworks show in Meriden. “I love fireworks. I’ve been looking at fireworks since I was a kid,” Jonathan Harris of Meriden said. Whether you are a kid or an adult, all eyes were glued to the sky to see...
-
Families enjoy Fourth of July fireworks in Meriden
Some families got a head start on the Fourth of July festivities, with many of them coming out for the fireworks show in Meriden.
-
Woman accused of killing DOT worker faces judge
The woman who is accused of hitting and killing 26-year-old Andrew DiDomenico, a state Department of Transportation worker, in Wallingford Friday faced a judge on Monday morning in Meriden. “We are very proud of him in his short 26 years. He was a remarkable human being,” said Melissa Lombardi, Andrew DiDomenico’s aunt, outside court following the arraignment. She was flanked…
-
Former Meriden postal worker sentenced to 12 months in prison for mail theft
A former U.S. Postal Service employee in Connecticut was sentenced to prison Thursday for stealing packages while working as a mail carrier. The U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut announced that Shawn Fuller, 37, of West Haven, was sentenced at the federal courthouse in New Haven to 12 months imprisonment, followed by three years of supervised release, for stealing…
-
Man with crossbow, flare gun and bulletproof vest arrested in Meriden after 911 calls: police
Meriden police arrested a man who they said had a flare gun, a modified crossbow and a bulletproof vest when they responded to several 911 calls about a suspicious man on Main Street in Meriden on Wednesday night. The people who called 911 just before 5 p.m. said that a man wearing a bulletproof vest was walking down the road,…
-
State breaks ground on phase two of Meriden three-highway interchange project
There is relief on the way for drivers who avoid or must travel on the I-91, I-691, and Rt. 15 interchange in Meriden.
-
State breaks ground on phase two of Meriden three-highway interchange project
“I really avoid that area because of all the problems,” Karen Timothy, of Meriden, said. There is relief on the way for drivers who avoid or must travel on the Interstate 91, Interstate 691, and Route 15 interchange in Meriden. “So hopefully everything they are doing is fixing what happens because there have been a lot of accidents, a lot…
-
2 injured, including 1 in critical condition, after head-on crash in Meriden
Two people are injured, including one who is in critical condition, after a head-on crash in Meriden on Friday night. Several 911 calls reported a head-on collision in the 300 block of Cook Avenue around 10:30 p.m. Investigators said a Subaru Impreza was traveling north on Cook Avenue when it collided head-on with a Mercury Mountaineer that was heading south….
-
Child taken to hospital after being hit by car in Meriden
A child was taken to the hospital after being hit by a car in Meriden on Tuesday. Officers received calls about a collision involving a vehicle and a pedestrian on Hall Avenue shortly before 9 a.m. According to police, officers determined a child about 8 years old had been hit. The child reportedly had no signs of injuries, but complained…
-
Injuries reported in motorcycle crash on I-91 South in Meriden
Injuries were reported in a motorcycle crash on Interstate 91 South in Meriden on Sunday afternoon. The crash happened on I-91 South near exit 17 around 12 p.m. The left and center lanes of the highway were closed. The area has since reopened. According to state police, injuries were reported. The extent of the injuries are unclear at this time.
-
Bob's Stores announces layoffs, could close at end of May
The parent company of Connecticut retailer Bob’s Stores has notified the state it plans to lay off 145 employees from its offices and warehouse in Meriden at the end of the month. In a letter to the Connecticut Department of Labor and to the mayor of Meriden, SDI Stores, LLC said the layoffs will begin May 31 and will continue…
-
Silver Alert: 88-year-old woman reported missing from Meriden
A Silver Alert has been issued for an 88-year-old woman who is missing from Meriden. Connecticut State Police said Hazel Johnson was last seen on Tuesday. She was wearing a black jacket, a yellow jersey and black pants with gold stripes. Johnson is 5-feet 2-inches tall and has grey hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information should contact Meriden Police…