1. First Thursday is literally just as it sounds -- an event that occurs on the first Thursday evening of every month. In this case, that happens to be today, November 5, from 5 to 9 PM.
2. It happens on the very cool cross section between academia and artsy on Chapel Street in downtown New Haven. Full of all the boutiques, brunch, and Yale boys you can handle.
3. First Thursday includes most stores on Chapel and those who are hosting a variety of events and promotions will also be entertaining late store hours (mostly until 8) so you can replace your usual Thursday happy hour, with a much happier one.
4. Schmoozing is very much encouraged. It can lead from a 10 percent discount, to a 12 percent one with a bat of an eye. But you didn't hear that from us.
5. The events will vary from month to month -- some recurring, some not. Therefore, that means tonight is a one time only gig, so what are you waiting for?
This time around, our pick for the evening is Wave Gallery. They're hosting a "Shop, Sip, and Savor" party, with guest Diane Schroeder and her Seed Design Jewelry collection, complimentary wine and cheese refreshments, and various raffles throughout the evening.
Seychelles is teaming up with author Wendy Walker, who will be reading from her book "Social Lives," Info New Haven is hosting a "tag sale," and Sushi on Chapel is slashing 10 percent off your dining bill.
So what are you waiting for?