The governor’s residence is decorated for the holidays and you’re invited to stop by and take a tour this weekend.
The governor’s residence is located at 990 Prospect Ave. in Hartford and open houses are scheduled for:
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3
- 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 4
About 35 volunteer docents and Santa Claus will greet children all weekend long.
Guests can also pick up special holiday recipe cards featuring the Gov. Dannel Malloy’s favorite holiday dessert.
If you go, you are encouraged to bring new, unwrapped toy that will be collected by the U.S. Marines Corps and donated to Toys for Tots.
While at the open house, guests can also purchase the Governor’s annual holiday ornament for $20. It features an image of the Governor’s Residence with the Malloys’ dogs; Zoe and Puck and proceeds will benefit the Governor’s Residence Conservancy, a nonprofit organization responsible for planning and supervising the preservation, restoration and maintenance of the Residence and its grounds.
Here is the schedule for live entertainment:
Friday, Dec. 2
- 10 a.m. – U.S. Coast Guard Glee Club
- 1:15 p.m. – Joseph A. Foran High School Flute Quartet (Milford)
Saturday, Dec. 3
- 10 a.m. – Studio E flute ensemble (Moodus)
- 11:30 a.m. – Singer Catherine A. Quirk with accompanist Holly J. McCann
Sunday, Dec. 4
- 12 p.m. – Hall High School Choir (West Hartford)
- 1:30 p.m. – Conard High School Choir (West Hartford)
Connecticut florists, greenhouse growers, nurserymen and Christmas tree growers have donated, at no cost to the state, all of the holiday decorations for the residence.