Gunnar is coming to Mohegan Sun to host and executive produce "It's Late" a half-hour talk show that can only be summed up by the word awesome.
It has yet to actually be taped, so that might be a little bit premature. But one would imagine that someone like Nelson, who lived through the crazy days of hair metal and is the third generation in a family of recording artists, would put on a pretty good show.
In fact, here's a taste of the show's format, just to wet your palette:
- Intro: opening song and karaoke (see singing already!)
- Opening segment with Gunnar
- Audience participation: More karaoke!
- Shameless promotion Girls: girls who give out free schwag to the audience
- Celebrity interview
- Musical guest to close the show
Yeah, that sounds like a whole lot of awesome. The show is actually trying to bring back the feel of the old late night, mimicking shows like The Merv Griffin Show or the early Tonight Show. Gunnar's two candy co-hostesses will be reminiscent of the cigarette girls from the 30s with a modern twist.