If there's an attraction or landmark you've always wanted to visit in Connecticut, this may be the weekend to do it.
Dozens of attractions, including state parks, museums and landmarks are participating in the 7th annual Connecticut Open House Day on Saturday, June 11. Many are offering free or discounted admission, free gifts as well as other perks for one day only.
Here are just a few:
- Essex Steam Train & Riverboat: Kids ride free from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk: Free admission for the first 100 visitors
- Lutz Children Museum in Manchester: Free admission from noon to 5 p.m.
- Gillette Castle State Park: Free admission from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Barker Character, Comic & Cartoon Museum in Cheshire: Half-price admission from noon to 4 p.m.
- Bushnell Park Carousel in Hartford: First 100 visitors ride free
- Lime Rock Park in Lakeville: Free tour of the track and paddock where cars are parked
- Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam: Free behind-the-scenes tour from 10 a.m. to noon
For a full list of participating attractions, click here.