It has been one year since a home explosion on East Street in Vernon and impacted the Kerstetter family.
On Thursday, NBC Connecticut obtained exclusive video from first responders who filmed footage right in the midst of all the rubble on Aug. 4, 2016.
The house was completely leveled and the three adults and four children inside the home suffered serious injuries but survived.
The first responders video shows up close images of the shocking aftermath after a liquid propane gas explosion destroyed the Vernon home.
A lifetime of memories vanished after the propane gas explosion. It is a day that neighbors won’t soon forget,
"We did see the house collapse," one neighbor told NBC Connecticut back in August. "People came running up to us, saying, 'There's people trapped inside'."
The footage was filmed by the Connecticut State Police Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit and shows crushed cars, clothes, furniture and memorabilia tossed around like trash. The front door was blown across the street.
The videos also show where it all started: a dryer, according to investigators. The gas was leaking from a quarter-inch hole connected to a propane line in the basement.
Troopers later closed out and cleared the investigation. No one will ever know what actually ignited the explosion and investigators previously reported there weren't any issues with any of the propane tanks.
Last month, the Kerstetter family, through an attorney, told the NBC Connecticut Troubleshooters they disagreed with the state poli findings, and were doing their own investigation. They also wanted NBC Connecticut to remind viewers of their gratitude and thanks to the community for all they've done for them.
On the one year anniversary, NBC Connecticut was told, understandably, that the family is still not ready to share their story.