Showers and storms Saturday afternoon packed a punch for the few hours they were moving through Connecticut.
The following are the Westport roads affected by this afternoon’s storm.
- 220 S. Compo: Closed due to wires.
- 55 Long Lots Rd: Tree limb partially blocking the road.
- 73 S. Turkey: Closed due to downed tree.
- 330 Post Road W. (W/B) Lanes: Closed due to downed tree.
- Greens Farms Rd. at Maple Ave.: Closed due to downed tree.
- Greens Farms are. at Maple Lane: Closed due to downed tree.
Lake Compounce in Bristol has decided to close at 5 p.m. on Saturday due to the weather. The amusement park will reopen as scheduled on Sunday at 11 a.m.
A few areas reported small hail along with downpours. Thunder and lightning rumbled as some of the storms passed through, as well. One severe thunderstorm warning was issued for northern areas of Tolland, Hartford and Windham counties.
The good news is that the moisture and storms fizzled out during the early evening. Gorgeous weather works into the state for Sunday and Monday.
Sunday features mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 80s and Monday will feature partly cloudy skies with highs in the low 90s.
Stay with the NBC Connecticut First Alert Weather Team for updates.