NBC Connecticut meteorologists and photographers have been hard at work preparing this year's winter weather special.
"Preparing for Winter" will air on NBC Connecticut at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 22.
Join chief meteorologist Brad Field and team for the half hour First Alert weather presentation.
Here's a look at what the team will cover:
- Brad Field learns how Granby's department of public works prepares
- Bob Maxon shares how you should prepare your car
- Ryan Hanrahan reveals what a strong El Niño typically means for Connecticut
- Darren Sweeney reviews what your house checklist should feature
- Tyler Jankoski tours the brand new weather section within the NBC CT app
- Kaitlyn McGrath shows us First Alert 1
The special can be found on right here on NBC Connecticut's website after its airing.