As snow squalls move out and bitter wind chills move in, the governor is activating the state's Severe Cold Weather Protocol and warming centers are opening up.
- The Alvin & Beatrice Wood Human Services Center at 330 Park Avenue will serve as a warming center Friday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Monday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Those in need of shelter are asked to use the community/youth center entrance on the west side of the building.
- The Prosser Library at 1 Tunxis Avenue will be oipen from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. The town will provide water but guests are asked to bring their own food, medications, emergency contact numbers and any other necessary items.
- The community room at the Norwalk Police Department at 1 Monroe Street will serve as a daytime warming shelter.
- The Open Door Shelter at 4 Merritt Street will be open overnight.
- Domus/Chester Addison Community Center at 245 Selleck Street will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Stamford Family YMCA at 10 Bell Street will be open from Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Faith Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church at 29 Grove Street will be open Monday through Thursday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Glenbrook Community Center at 35 Crescent Street will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The first-floor lobby of the Government Center at 888 Washington Boulevard will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Jewish Community Center at 1035 Newfield Avenue will be open Monday through Thursday from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The fire stations at 629 Main Street, 215 Washington Bouluevard, 80 Fairfield Avenue, 364 Shippan Avenue, 1600 Washington Boulevard, 8 Dorlen Road, 366 Long Ridge Road, 987 Hope Street atn 268 Turn of River Road will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- An overnight warming center will be open to the homeless at 8 Woodland Place from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.