Makes 1 9-inch tart
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar in the raw or granulated sugar
- 2 Tsp. Lemon zest, finely grated (optional)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 3-4 Plums, ripe, sliced thinly
- As needed: Sugar in the Raw
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar in the raw and lemon zest, mix thoroughly, reserve.
- Lay the sheet of cold, thawed pastry on the counter. Using a sharp knife, cut out a 9-inch circle using an inverted pie pan. Place this circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dock the dough by pricking the inside surface of the cut out round with a fork many times. Do not dock the outer 1” of the dough.
- Sprinkle the docked part of the dough with the flour and sugar mixture evenly. (This mixture will help absorb some of the juices that will come out of the fruit. )
- Carefully arrange the sliced plums in circles, with each slightly overlapping the previous. Do at least 3 circles starting with the outer circles first.
- Sprinkle the plums with more sugar in the raw and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and the fruit is tender.
- Let cool 20 minutes or more, cut and serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!