This recipe serves four.
- 1 Bell pepper, cut in quarters lengthwise. Remove the seeds and ribs
- 2 Onions, sliced in ½-inch thick slices
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and ribs
- 1/3 Cup canola or olive oil
- 1 ½ Cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Cup diced fresh tomatoes, ½-inch pieces
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves-cut or torn
- ¼ Cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Large sandwich wraps, warmed
- 1/3 Cup Hummus spread
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- Preheat grill on high heat. Lay out the eggplant, onion and bell peppers and brush both sides with the first measure of olive oil.
- Place the bell pepper, onions and jalapeño peppers on the grill and cook for about three minutes on each side or until softened and a grill mark has established.
- Remove from the grill and let cool slightly. Chop into ¾-inch pieces, let cool to room temperature and place in a large bowl.
- When cooled, add the lettuce, tomatoes, basil, feta cheese, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat the ingredients with the oil and vinegar.
- Lay out the sandwich wraps and spread each with the hummus.
- Divide the vegetable mixture among the wraps, roll up, place seam side down and cut. Enjoy!