The defending national champion Huskies have provided a glimpse into the 2013-14 schedule, announcing the non-conference opponents for next season. The schedule includes 13 games, including seven at home, four on the road and two at a neutral site. This is also the first season that UConn will compete in the new American Athletic Conference.
Nov. 1 - Gannon University (exhibition game)
Nov. 6 - Philadelphia University (exhibition game)
Nov. 9 - Hartford
Nov. 10 - Stanford
Nov. 15 - at Maryland
Nov. 17 - at Penn St.
Nov. 20 - Oregon
Nov. 22 - Boston University (Hall of Fame Classic)
Nov. 23 - Monmouth (Hall of Fame Classic)
Nov. 24 - St. Bonaventure(Hall of Fame Classic)
Dec. 1 - Ohio St. (Hall of Fame Classic)
Dec. 5 - University of California, Davis
Dec. 17 - at Duke (Jimmy V Classic)
Dec. 22 - California (Maggie Dixon Classic)
Jan 13 - at Baylor
Details about the opponents, via
* Gannon University. Gannon finished the 2012-13 season with a 31-5 overall record, won the PSAC Regular Season Championship and advanced to the quarterfinal round of the NCAA Division II Women’s Basketball Championship.
* The Philadelphia Rams were 14-13 against Division II competition last season.
* The Hartford Hawks finished 2012-13 with a 21-12 record, including a 10-6 mark in America East Conference play.
* Stanford finished the year 33-3 overall, won the Pac-12 Regular Season title with a 17-1 mark and took home the championship hardware from the Pac-12 Tournament. The Cardinal suffered a 61-35 loss to UConn last year in Palo Alto before later advancing to the 2013 NCAA Tournament Regional Semifinal.
* The Maryland Terrapins were 26-8 overall last year, including 14-4 in the AAC. Maryland advanced to the NCAA Tournament Regional Semifinal last year, but fell, 76-50, to the Huskies in Bridgeport.
* The Penn State Lady Lions were 26-6 last year and won the Big 10 Regular Season Championship with a 14-2 league mark. Penn State dropped a 67-52 decision to the Huskies last year in Storrs.
* Oregon finished the 2012-13 season with a 4-27 overall record.
* BU put together a great 2012-13 season, posting a 24-6 overall record and a 13-2 record in America East Conference action. The Terriers fell to Fordham in the second round of the WNIT. Monmouth was 15-15 last year while the Bonnies were 10-19 and a year removed from advancing to the Regional Semifinal of the NCAA Tournament.
* Ohio State finished last year at 18-13 overall and 7-9 in the Big 10.
* UC Davis was 12-18 last year.
* The Duke Blue Devils had another stellar year in 2012-13, posting a 33-3 overall record and won both the ACC Regular Season and Tournament Championships.
* The Cal Golden Bears went 32-4 in 2012-13, won a share of the Pac-12 Regular Season Championship and advanced to the NCAA Tournament Final Four. UConn is 2-1 all-time against Cal.
* Baylor was 34-2 last year and won the Big 12 Regular Season and Tournament Championships before being eliminated from the NCAA Tournament in a regional semifinal loss to Louisville.