Hazmat Crews Respond to Ellington Home

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK

    A hazmat situation forced the evacuation of a home in Ellington Thursday evening, according to officials.

    Three people, inside the home on Middle Butcher Road, reported feeling sick after a bottle containing a household solvent or cleaner spilled.

    According to a next door neighbor, the homeowner collects several antique bottles.

    A spokesman from the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection said no one was transported to the hospital and the incident appears to be minor.