- 4 Fresh Figs-washed, gently patted dry, cut into quarters
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Baby Salad Greens-washed, spin dried
- 16 Fresh Basil Leaves-torn into small pieces
- 1 Cup Canned White Beans-drained
- ½ Cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 20 Parmesan Cheese Shavings-made using a vegetable peeler
- 4 Tbsp. Pine Nuts-toasted in the oven until golden
- Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
Heat grill on high. Gently toss the quartered figs with the first measure of olive oil. Grill on high heat only about 1 minute on each side, gently remove and reserve.
Prepare dressing by whisking the second measure of olive oil into the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Place the salad greens and basil into a bowl. Toss gently with the dressing. Divide onto four plates and garnish each with the grilled figs, white beans, roasted peppers, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.