2 tablespoons shallots, minced (about 2)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon (pinch) crushed hot pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of dry oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup of sweet vermouth (you may use white wine instead)
1/2 cup chicken stock
4 ounces sea urchin (12 to 18 whole urchins)
1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
8 basil leaves, chiffonade
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 pound picked jumbo lump crab meat
½ pound rock shrimp
1 pound black spaghetti
1. Sweat shallots and garlic in 1 T. of olive oil until translucent.
2. Add crushed pepper flakes and oregano.
3. Deglaze with sweet vermouth.
4. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer.
5. Add sea urchin and cook for three minutes.
6. Whisk in butter until smooth.
7. Add crab, rock shrimp and basil.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9.Add pasta and toss to coat.